tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 04 08:05:34 2001

RE: A little Poetry

ja' charghwI':
>Or consider a warrior so drunk, he sees double:
>
>juH vIyItlaHbe'. jIleghchu'be'. SoHpu' vIleghlaH.

I tried pluralizing {SoH} once in what I thought was an appropriate
context, addressing the comment to someone who I'd expect to have
understood it.  She didn't understand it, perhaps because {SoHpu'} wants
very much to be interpreted as a "to be" verb having a perfective suffix.

{SoHmey} seems somehow more appropriate for your example anyway. :-)

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level