tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 31 11:47:45 2001

Re: Questions

[email protected] said:
> majatlh nuvpu'. "We, the people, speak."
>
> The prefix tells you the subject is first person plural. The explicit
> noun  {nuvpu'} tells you what "we" are: people.

the one objection I have about this is that in light of
TKD 5.6 I would interpret the {nuvpu'} as an address,
that is, I read {majatlh nuvpu'} as "People, we are speaking"
which not necessarily means that "we" and "people" refers
to the same entity (assuming context makes it clear this
is not a quote, meaning "we said <<nuvpu'>>")

					Marc Ruehlaender
					aka HomDoq
					[email protected]

Back to archive top level