tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 23 22:28:16 2001

Re: <<SHov'>>?

>I found it in a text lesson on the Internet (before I got TKD). I committed
>all the numbers to memory - SHov' was notated as "billion". I haven't ever
>seen numbers so high used anywhere else, and when I got TKD all the other
>numbers were canon, so I just assumed... I guess it must have been a typo -
>I can't find it in TKD :)

Yes, this is from a series of quasi- and non-canonical introductions to
Klingon, found on the URL given below. The first paragraph mentions the
apocryphal SHov'.

http://www.totse.com/en/ego/science_fiction/klinlang.html

--Andrew Strader
  "How are you gentlemen? All your base are belong to us."
  http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~strader

Back to archive top level