tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 23 06:41:55 2001

Re: qung "pun"

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 10:31:39AM +0000, Rohan Fenwick wrote:
> What is the Spanish basis of the Klingon <<pa' reD>>?? And are there any
> other languages which have contributed words?

I'm not sure, but I have the suspicion the gutterals (ok, those aren't
words) where taken from Dutch. We actually use the same ones in daily life,
while everyone else in the world (even closely related languages such as
German) seem to have problems with the pronounciation.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | 'Linux was released on August 25th, 1991. Therefore it is a
[email protected] | virgo, not a cancer.'

Back to archive top level