tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 12 00:02:26 2001

RE: HolQeD 10:2: toes

wejpuH. *MARket* ghoS targhoyvam mach. *Home*Daq ratlh targhoyvam mach.
*RoS-tbeef* ghajpu' targhoyvam mach. *None* ghajpu' targhoyvam mach. 'ej
*Wee wee wee* jach targhoyvam mach, juH HeDaq qettaHvIS.

> 'nItlhDu'vaD qID
> vIghovbe', 'a
> SIbI' <Sen/rIl SIq qay qew qan> vIqawlaHmo', ghaytan nutoj
> Okrand.  ngeDchu'mo'.

I know you pinned it on the finger lakes, but it strikes me that when I
type, I {qay} the "k" key. I don't know what keyboard would have me {qew}
the "q" key, but then I've never seen those closed caption keyboards. I know
the layout is strange.

> Makes you realize how stupid English finger names are, and how
> awkward our
> toe names are.  Try explaining to a Klingon that the English for
> nanwI' is
> "the toe next to my little toe".

charghwI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level