tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 06 17:15:49 2001

Re: Planet names

ro'Han asked:

: Can someone please enlighten me as to which of these planets are Klingon
: colonies, and which are not?

AFAIK, the Klingon colony/subject worlds are:

    QI'tomer        Khitomer
    nImbuS wej      Nimbus III
    rura' pente'    Rura Penthe

Klingon planets whose spellings were provided by Okrand for Keith R.A.
DeCandido's novel _Diplomatic Implausibility_ include:

    HuDyuQ          "a mountainous Klingon planet"
    tay'ghoqor      Ty'Gokor

Possible Klingon colony worlds are:

    toqvIr          Tokviria (planet?) KGT
    SermanyuQ       Sherman's Planet

I imagine, though, that the issue of Sherman's Planet has long been settled by
the 24th century!  Still, we don't absolutely know to whom the Organians
finally awarded the planet.  (Klingon agent Arne Darvon's poisoning of the
quadrotricale on Deep Space Station K7 may not have decided the matter in favor
of the Federation.)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons