tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 02 08:00:08 2001

Re: "What are you doing?" (urgent)

ja' Ulrich Schreitmueller <[email protected]>:
>is there a phrase that means something like "what are you doing?"

Try {qaStaH nuq}.  It's actually "what is happening", but unless
you've got a particular context in mind, I think it works.

>There seems to be no verb for "to do something" in tlhIngan Hol (unless I
>overlooked it).

The verb "do" is extremely vague.  Klingon often tends to force one
to be specific and say just what is being done.  But you might
consider {ta'} "accomplish" or {chav} "achieve"

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level