tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 25 18:07:22 2001

Re: KLBC - targhmey

Voragh wrote:
> I can't imagine any fan wanting to learn Klingon who doesn't already know what
> a targ is.

Imagine this:  The impetus for my joining the list was to earn a Boy
Scout Award.  If a Scout or Scouter speaks a foreign language, they can
wear a patch on their uniform denoting this.  Well, somewhere along the
way somebody made up a spoof patch that says Klingon.  I don't think
they even knew there is such a language, I think it was meant as a joke
and people buy them and wear them as such.  However, I wouldn't feel
right wearing something I didn't earn, so here I am.  Having been a
Trekkie/er/en for many years I know what a targh is and saw the one on
the TNG episode.  But a fellow Scouter learned of my plan and wants to
do the same, but HE has never seen an episode and wouldn't know a targh
from a sehlat.

Chris

Back to archive top level