tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 22 19:54:44 2001

Re: body parts?

In a message dated 1/17/2001 3:36:19 PM Central Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> But I suppose if you really *must* refer to a single strand of hair, use
> {SIrgh}:
>
>   "Each string is a {SIrgh}, a word also used for any thread or
>    filament.  A {SIrgh} of the finest quality is made from a material
>    secreted by insects, similar to the silk produced by silkworms."
>    (KGT p.76)

{tlhegh} and {ghom} have their own "feel."  They do appear useful in
quantifying things.  But, they seem (to me) to "amass" things into
"ropes/strings" and "groups."

I'm still curious about "a carton of eggs," "a box of eggs," "a basket of
eggs," or any other set of quantity classifiers.

peHruS

Back to archive top level