tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 19 05:15:26 2001

Re: Klingon WOTD: 'atlhqam (n)

Is this fate, or what? This is the closest word I could find to one someone
sent me that I have been unable to find. Do any of you have a source for the
word < 'atlhen > ? It's the last word in a phrase someone asked me to
translate:

ro'a' targh nach je targh porgh ghajpogh wIch Ha'DI'baH, 'ach targhmey rapbe'
ja'pu' tera'ngan QulwI' noy ngemDaq 'atlhen.

Insofar as I have been able to determine, ghajpogh should be ghajbogh, I am
unable to determine the source or meaning of 'atlhen (possibly a
transliteration of a Terran proper noun? ), and there are a couple of word
order problems. But, here goes:

(something or someone) in the forest, a famous Terran researcher (word order
problem?) reported it's not the same (as?) targhs, but a mythical animal
which has (ghajbogh vice ghajpogh) the body of a targ, and the head and large
torso (trunk) of a targ.
It was possibly a mis-recording...the grammar is complex. But I was intrigued
by the term " 'atlhen "

Back to archive top level