tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 11 07:07:25 2001

re: More proverbs

-----

>qa' ghajbe'bogh porgh rur paq ghajbe'bogh pa'.
						-- Cicero

>("A room without books is like a body without a soul."
>I don't have the original Latin, unfortunately.  I
>based this on the {Hov ghajbe'bogh...} in PK.)

Qap.

>qech Qub yab 'ej lajbe'laH, vaj nIvqu' yab.
						-- Aristotle
>("It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain
>a thought without accepting it.")

I apologize in advance for my nested relative clauses. I'm sure someone
will object. This is just the way it came out:

'Itlh qech lajnISbe'bogh qelchu'bogh yab'e'.

Do not try this at home. If pain or swelling persists, discontinue use.

>Comments?

>--
>De'vID

SarrIS