tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 09 22:26:52 2001

RE: -vo'

SarrIS:
> [much snipped]
> Qe' Hurvo' Qe'Daq Qanqor vIlegh. "I was outside the restaurant and I saw
> Krankor in the restaurant."

I thought {Qe'Daq Qanqor vIlegh} can only mean "I was at the restaurant,
and I saw Krankor", and not "I saw Krankor, who was in the restaurant
(i.e. I may be outside the window)".  Isn't {-Daq} marking the place
where the {legh}ing is taking place, or is there some rule that says
it could be attached to {Qanqor} in the above?

I read your sentence as {[Qe' Hurvo' Qe']Daq Qanqor vIlegh} "I saw
Krankor at the 'restaurant from the outside of a restaurant'".
Could {Qe' Hurvo' Qe'} be the name of the establishment?

--
De'vID