tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 03 21:12:31 2001

Grammar Highlight Each Day (Voice)

Disclaimer:  These highlights shed a different slant than TKD grammar section
does.  They are not intended to be the authoritative teaching tool, only a
help.  Where I do not quote TKD, I inject opinions, researched, but not
attested to completely by the inventor of our glorious language, Dr. Marc
Okrand.

Today's highlight states that the Klingon language does not recognize voice.
English has active voice and passive voice.  Klingon only has verbs without
distinguishing active voice or passive voice.

There is a verb suffix, type 6 {-lu'} which is not passive voice!!!!!!
Rather, it means that the subject of the sentence is not specified.

peHruS

Back to archive top level