tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 02 23:26:33 2001

Re: (KLBC) 2 coordinated Type 5 Suffixes

In a message dated 1/2/2001 9:21:06 PM Central Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> In a conversation with Okrand at qep'a', I confirmed that what you are
> guessing from canon is actually correct. Nouns that have the same
> grammatical function, such as those that share the same Type 5 noun suffix
> and appear at the beginning of a sentence do use a noun conjunction when
> combined, and each noun retains its Type 5 suffix. If you have nouns
> following one another with different Type 5 suffixes on each noun, there is
> no need for a conjunction.

I thought this was settled, set in canon, set in stone.  A conjunction does
come after the last noun suffixed by a type 5 syntactical marker when a
series of such nouns so needs to be combined.

peHruS

Back to archive top level