tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 23 10:06:22 2001

RE: KLBC: yIH jej

quljIb said:

> pa'wIjDaq Ha'DIba' mach vIghaj.

maj. Just a small typo here - "animal" is spelled {Ha'DIbaH}.

> DIvI' pong 'oH *hedgehog*; tlhIngan pong
> yISovbe'.

For this first sentence, you're using a "to be" sentence (explained on page
68 of TKD), so you should put the noun suffix {-'e'} on the end of
*hedgehog*.
Also, double check your verb prefix in the second sentence. I assume you
want to say "I don't know the Klingon name", in which case {yI-} is not the
prefix that you should use here.

> Qa'Hom rur 'e' vIHar. *albino* 'oH. Doqqu' mInDu'Daj, qul rur
> 'ej chIS pobDaj, peDghach rur.

Good description here. The last part seems a bit awkward to me; I might
translate it as "Its hair is as white as snowing" (or literally, "Its hair
is white, it resembles snowing/a state of snowing")

> jejqu' pob 'ach tunqu' chor pob.

maj. Just a comment on style - I might add {Dub} ("back"), changing the
sentence to:
{jejqu' Dub pob 'ach tunqu' chor pob} "The back hair is sharp, but the belly
hair is soft."
This way, it distinguishes between which hair is sharp.

> buQlu'DI' chor So'meH moQ rur'eghchoHmoH.
> qaSDI' yIH jej rur 'e' yIHar!!

maj.

If you wanted, two additional vocabulary words that you could use are {Saj}
(the noun "pet"), and {veD} ("fur").

- taD