tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 18 01:25:30 2001

Re: pong

Matthew:
> To tell you the truth, I think that a good one would
> be "pong...." Very blunt, to the point, and most
> Klingon.

It's already legal to do something like this using clipped
Klingon.  We've seen {Dochvam nuq} in canon, which seems to
be short for {Dochvam 'oH nuq'e'}.  You might say something
like {pongwIj 'oH Matthew'e'} "Matthew is my name" and clip
it to {pongwIj Matthew} "my name, Matthew".  And if you
point to yourself while saying it you can probably drop the
{-wIj}: {pong Matthew}, "Name, Matthew".

--
De'vID