tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 12 16:31:59 2001

RE: ranks in tlhIngan KLBC

> A Lieutenent Commander is ra'wI' Sogh
> and, Lieutenent is Sogh,
> Lt. JG is Sogh lagh.

But what would these actually mean to a klingon?
These are translations of the WORDS used for Federation (US) ranks.
I've seen some people use -'a' and -Hom.
Personally I use only what's listed in KGT.  When translating Federation
rank, I just use the closest one.  Lt and Lt-JG are both lieutenants.

la', ra'wI' :
I'm in the army.  My unit commander {ra'wI'} holds the rank of captain (army
captain, Feddy (full) lieutenant) {Sogh}.  My battalion commander {ra'wI'}
is a colonel {HoD}.

DloraH

Back to archive top level