tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 08 20:02:02 2001

Re: Study Buddies

ja' Valerie:
>I would like to know if anyone on this list lives in Hampton Roads, VA...

wejpuH.  ghobe', qarbe' mu'vetlh.  matlh jupna' veb vIja': mu' chu'
DapoQchugh, lI'law' "irony".

I'll let the person I'm thinking about identify hirself if xe wants to.

>would like to find a study partner or partners -- somebody or people that
>could assist each other with pronunciations, grammar, and learning
>vocabulary.

With the exception of pronunciation, this mailing list is a great resource
for your needs.  Several years ago there was a real-time virtual community
which helped my vocabulary immensely, as well as developing my
comprehension speed.  Perhaps the KLI should get it back on-line, or at
least look into sponsoring an official replacement for it.

> I want to ensure that I am pronouncing the language correctly
>and get used to speaking it, which is kind of difficult on your own.

Pronunciation is certainly best addressed in face-to-face communication.
That's one of the three major points that I discovered at the first qep'a'
I attended.  (The other points are the realization that body language is at
least as important in Klingon as it is in English, and the constant
reminder that in spoken conversation there is no 'backspace' key.)

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level