tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 08 14:42:16 2001

chay' pIm {-be'} {-Ha'} je

After listening yesterday to NPR's story on Shakespearean villains,
I attempted to translate the epithet: "Your breath reeks like the rotting
bodies of your enemies."
into a Klingon insult: "Your breath reeks like the dishonored still-rotting
scattered corpses of your ancestors."

First I considered: {He'So'qu' tlhuHlIj; nontaHneSbe'bogh no'lI' lommey
rur.}
then I considered: {He'So'qu' tlhuHlIj; nontaHneSHa'bogh no'lI' lommey rur.}

My perception is that {-neSHa'} carriers the sense better.

Qar'a'?

chIl'eghbogh nejwI'

Klingon: manabtaHvIS qaS yIn.
Láadan:  Bíidi shóo wí obée dodúhin nen yothenan wi.
Latin:   Dum excogitamus vita contingit.
Bezdis:  pos radúx zhepól'p.
English: Life happens while we are busy making plans.

Back to archive top level