tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 07 03:00:57 2001

RE: not sure how to say :

Thanks for the answer. I knew I was *almost* there with tIqoywIj

I had not seen the story, she published it yesterday without my full
answer. In the story the character was talking to a child ,actually and
unborn child, so tIqoywI' does make sense as the correct answer.
I often have trouble in making the
literal translations fit into tlhIngan Hol and it seem that I took my
little heart' this way and made it as an object that is not capable of
language instead of thinking of it as a child.

Lt.Commander Maud "malqa" Freifelder         l MAJ. Maud Freifelder SFMC(R)
Chief Security Officer USS Triumph NCC-26228 l Military Police
"Triumph Against All Odds"                   l 622 MSG  2 BN/2 BDE
STARFLEET/Region 2                           l "Have Phaser, Will Travel"
                         [email protected]/aka tfn.net

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Will Martin wrote:

> [...]

Back to archive top level