tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 05 21:30:06 2001

Re: KLBC: pronoun prefex mnemonics

ja' naQSej:
>I'm trying a new tack - mnemonics of the prefixes in
>short phrases which I can visualise.

That's probably a good idea.  I usually shy away from mnemonics, as I find
they stick in my mind and actively intrude even after their usefulness is
gone, but I've had to use rote phrases for some of the little-used prefixes.

I try to use very short phrases from published sources, such as {pIpIH}
"We've been expecting you" from PK, or {chay' jura'} from ST3.  I also
remember fun ones like {nIteb nIteb} "they fill you up all by themselves",
which came up in the context of dumplings.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level