tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 04 08:25:24 2001

discussion panel on *Hamlet*

I was asked, and I agreed, to participate in a 1-hour panel discussion on
"The Translation of Hamlet from the Original Klingon" at the Boskone sf
convention the weekend of Feb. 16-18 in Framingham, Mass., where I live.
The programming organizer has informed me that no one else has signed up
for the panel. I don't think I can hold up this panel as a one-person
show, and I have just told him so, adding:

I will send a note 'round to the Klingon Language Institute folks to see
whether any of them are interested in participating. I think it might be
worth broadening the topic, possibly to "K. cultural values" or even as
broadly as "Creating Credible Alien Cultures".
<<<<<

The con will be held at the Framingham Sheraton at Route 9 and the Mass.
Turnpike; see
	http://www.nesfa.org/boskone/flyer.html
I commute across town to Boskone, and I can offer a guest room to anyone
who needs one for this purpose.

Obviously, time is important. <qul DIr yISop!>

tlhIngan veQbeq marqem la'Hom -- Heghbej ghIHmoHwI'pu'!
Subcommander Marke'm, Klingon Sanitation Corps --
       Death to Litterbugs!
    http://world.std.com/~mam/

Back to archive top level