tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 16 20:56:51 2001

Re: list of Klingon puns?

> > I don't know if there's any hidden connection with book but a memory
> > key I used for BOOK was what's probably an UK term for soft cover books-
> > (P)aper B(ack)  i.e. paq

>Maybe, but I doubt it because it's pronounced "pock".  I thought maybe a
>reference to Okrand's publisher, Pocket.
>QIS

"British" DIvI' Hol "a" rur tlhIngan Hol "a" puS "American" DIvI' Hol "a".

British English's "a" (that found in "back") resembles Klingon's <<a>> more
than American English's "a" in "back". I believe the British English version
is pronounced slightly further "back" (sorry for the terrible pun).

Can one say a letter is literally in a word (eg. <<"a" 'oH "back"Daq>>) or
must we use a different construction?

I think I have made a couple of dreadful mistakes in my first sentence, but
I haven't got my KD handy, so...

Qapla' 'ej Satlho'

ro'Han