tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 14 15:17:05 2001

Re: Klingon WOTD: SIrgh (n)

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Steven Boozer wrote:
> "Each string is a {SIrgh}, a word also used for any thread or filament. A
> {SIrgh} of the finest quality is made from a material secreted by insects,
> similar to the silk produced by silkworms. To produce music, one may either
> pluck ({pang}) or strum ({yach}, which also means stroke or pet) the strings.
[...]
> The word {HurDagh} refers to any of these stringed instruments, of which
> there are several different types [...]  The midsize {leSpal} is fairly
> widely used [...]

{leSpal}?  Oy!  I'd heard that Okrand was a punster, and I've noticed
a couple of them (rootbeer for instance, though I can't seem to find
it online right now -- {'awje}?).

But, is there a canonical list of them anywhere?
||  Russ Perry Jr   2175 S Tonne Dr #114   Arlington Hts IL 60005  ||
||  847-952-9729    [email protected]    VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR!  ||