tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 10 17:45:45 2001

Re: A interesting project.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Masterson" <[email protected]>

> I had an idea for a project that the KLI could undertake. Or, if not the
> KLI, maybe someone with a lot of time on their hands: A book, written in
> Klingon, on how to speak English. I mean, if Terrans can learn Klingon,
> certainly Klingons should have the opportunity to learn English. Although,
> with the limited vocubulary we know, it'd have to be a book for beginners.

It's definitely a fun idea... After seeing books a few years ago written
phonetically in Geordie (a British North Eastern accent) I have wondered
about a book written in a Klingon accent... I don't mean a Paramount Klingon
speaking English, I mean the accent that a true tlhIngan speaker may have I
imagine it would be similar to transliterating English, American English,
French or whatever language.

In the end I decided I'd better learn tlhIngan first so maybe one day.
'In  tlhe'  'e'D 'I' DIySayDeD 'I' .....

It's not easy and maybe when I become proficient in speaking tlhIngan before
I could say what any accent may sound like..After all I doubt the accent of
a true Klingon speaking English would be a transliteration and wouldn't have
to follow tlhIngan C-V-C rules. Maybe even tlhIngan sounds not normally put
together could and would be possible.

qe'San

Back to archive top level