tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 07 00:33:50 2001

RE: Boggle

At 10:55 AM -0400 8/5/01, TPO wrote:
>> ...I've been wanting to port the game Boggle...

>I made a Boggle set (picture on my website).  Someone on the list did make a
>distribution chart.  I could look through my files a probably find out who,
>or they may see this and respond.  I have their files.

If it's Kevin Brake, he already sent the files.  If not, then yes, please
send them my way.  Extra info couldn't hurt.

>For Boggle I ended up putting consonants and vowels on seperate cubes.  16
>cubes total.

That's what Dr Schoen did too, but I might lean toward the original game
somewhat.  I know he said he did it for playability, but that's part of
the fun of Boggle -- getting an impossible grid and eking out ANY words
from it.

Of course, if I ever get around to the game, I could offer one or more
options; yours, mine, his...

BTW, what did you call it?  Just "<<Boggle>>", or mISmoH, or something else?

At 7:31 AM +0100 8/6/01, qe'San \(Jon Brown\) wrote:
>For the ease of manufacturing the game there is always the pocket boggle
>which uses strips of letters a grid rather than cubes.  The Strips of
>letters are then dealt and slid into the grid to create the choice. Even
>easier if you have the game as then you only need to make the strips.

An interesting idea, but since what I want to do is "virtual" anyway, it's
not a big deal.  I've never played the Pocket version though; might be
worth looking into.
||  Russ Perry Jr   2175 S Tonne Dr #114   Arlington Hts IL 60005  ||
||  847-952-9729    [email protected]    VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR!  ||