tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 31 17:21:48 2001

Re: KLBC -- "Kill 'em all..."

From: [email protected]
>>In a message dated 8/24/2001 4:29:37 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
>[email protected] writes:
>
> > With an imperative prefix:
> > {Hoch yIHoH} "Kill everyone!"
> >

>While I realize that some nouns are corporate in nature and could take the
>imperative prefix indicating a single entity, I do wonder if {Hoch tIHoH}
>would not have been better here.

Certainly not!  /tI-/ would only be appropriate if the object were plural.
It is not.  /Hoch/ is a singular noun.  It is most definitely not /Hochpu'/.

The singular or plural CONCEPT is not important when deciding on verb
prefixes.  It is strictly a matter of whether the WORD itself is plural.

SuStel
Stardate 1667.0