tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 29 22:35:46 2001

RE: help me R: this is correct grammatically ?

Adraco said:

> Greet Qov
> thanx i hope write no wrong :
>
> 1-  jIH tlhopDaq jaghpu' tu'lu'
> 2-  yay van ro'wIj
> 3-  chalDaq pep tajmey
> 4-  qIptaHqu' DeSwIj
>
> write me if i wrong :-)
>

> I am Italian and have the italian-klingon dict. of M.Okrand.
> i have also The Klingon Way. not have others books.

Welcome to the list, Adraco! I'm taD, the current Beginner's Grammarian.
It's my job to help beginners here with Klingon. You can add the letters
"KLBC" to your subject line whenever you want me to check your work, or if
you have a question about how to say something in Klingon. If possible, you
should also include what you were trying to say, in English. This will make
it easier for me to make sure that you say what you are trying to say.

Qov already gave suggestions for your sentences. I will make an additional
comment for the 3rd sentence:
I'm not sure how {pep} is defined in the Italian-Klingon dictionary. In the
English version, it is "raise" and not "be raised". So the subject raises
the object. For example:
{tajmey pep SuvwI'pu'} "Warriors raise blades"
So, you can either say who raises the blades, or you can use the type-5
suffix {-lu'}. {-lu'} indicates that there is no specific subject.

Again, you can add "KLBC" to your message subject line if you want me to
give comments and help with your grammar. This way, you won't get lots of
conflicting suggestions.

- taD