tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 25 22:56:40 2001

Re: nger tobHa'meH (was Re: KLBC: Qov qeqmeH mu'tlheghmey)

ja' HomDoq:
>now that I've written this, I realize, I could have explained it
>without physics :)
>
>{tob} = result of test is without doubt
>{Daj} = result of test may be wrong

I'd put it more strongly:  {tob} gives an answer.  {Daj} does not.

>now, with respect to {nger tobHa'}, I really don't know what
>the logical "opposite" of {tob} is, given the sense I ascribe it
>(see above).

I treat things as if {tob} meant something like "ascertain the validity
of", making {tobHa'} something like "ascertain the invalidity of".

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level