tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 17 17:30:30 2001

Re: Languages

On Sat, 14 Apr 2001, Zelda of Arel wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've been just listening to some Klingon sound files to study the =
> pronunciation and I found out something. The vowels are pronounced like =
> in Hungarian! Now how do you like that? So you all know how Hungarians =
> say vowels. :-) And for me... it's all the lot more easier. :-) I just =
> have to imagine that I'm reading Hungarian, when coming to vowels. Cool!

That's true. Just like the Klingon 'r'. It's Hungarian. Still, we do have some
problems with the letters 'Q', 'q' and ''', but the Hungarian Scientific
Academy is workong on it. :)

> Another thing I noticed is that the "ch" sounds like in Spanish. It's a =
> good thing I've learned so many languages.

Sounds like the one who 'invented' the Klingon speech was an impostor! :)

							Algeroth
p.s. Don't be angry, just joking.

Back to archive top level