tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 11 13:39:30 2001

Re: How to say....?

> From: [email protected]
> Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 23:32:19 EDT

> In a message dated 3/31/2001 4:55:55 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
> [email protected] writes:
>

>> > There's also a verb you may not know: 'Iq
>> > It means be too much, be too many.
>> >

> Hal vISovbe'.  'a lI'qu' mu'vam.  wIghajmo' jIQuch.  De'wI' thIngan Hol
> mu'tetlhwIjDaq vIchelbej.
>
> peHruS

This word {'Iq} is in the New Words List at:

/tlh/newwords.html

It cites the source as HolQeD v8n3p3 (volume 8, number 3, page 3).

This is one of the older words added there. You might want to check this
list against your dictionary. Toward that end, for some time now, we've
offered the word list sorted so that the most recently added words appear
at the top of the list. This version is available by clicking a link at the
top of the list.

Many thanks again to ~mark for creating an interface for this word list
that is easy for me to edit (so it tends to be more up to date now than it
was for a long time) and for offering this list sorted these two different
ways. One is for looking up words. The other is for maintaining your own
personal dictionaries.

SarrIS

Back to archive top level