tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 06 04:05:41 2001

Re: Could someone correct this for me :)

I don't think I recognize you. Are you new to the list? If so, welcome!

Of course, grammar isn't a major concern for this particular poem
because the lines are so short. I'll just comment on a few things.

>You touch me
>choDaQ

Minor typo here. {DaQ} is "ponytail." DuQ is "touch emotionally."

>I love you
>qabang

It is a common misconception that {bang} is a verb. It is not. It is a
noun, meaning "loved one." For the verb "love," some people have
suggested {musHa'}, but this is fairly controversial. You could say
{bangwI' SoH}, but this is essentially a noun-centered phrase in a verb-
centered language. Also, I could be wrong on this one, but I kind of
have the impression that {bang} refers only to romantic loves, sort of
like {parmaqqay}. I would actually suggest finding some more specific
synonym of "to love." You could say {qaHo'}, {choSeymoH},
{choQuchqu'moH}, or anything you want. Or you could just stick with
{bangwI' SoH}. It's up to you.

                                        DujHoD
                                        [email protected]

Back to archive top level