tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 28 08:44:17 2000

Re: tKLBC moHaq Dup

Did I reply to this yet? I think not...

In message <39CAFEB2.27258.332AAC@localhost> "Joseph" writes:
> I did not miss your point. I might tend to agree, but considering the
> quantity of other forms and words in Klingon which Okrand did not
> explain in TKD, I have no assurance that he would have mentioned
> this in TKD. One is on shaky ground when one says "I don't believe
> that person-X intended thus-and-so" unless one has spoken with
> person-X about it.

You are perfectly right, of course. Still, the prefix trick
- whether 'tis bug or feature - is not an "interesting twist"
but a "boring Englishism" in my somewhat but not too humble
opinion.

tlhIngan Hol pab chut vIpab.
tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhDI' 'e' vInID.
chut vIpar pagh chut vIparHa'. ram.