tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 11 20:55:15 2000

RE: The Daily Show

jIja'pu':

ja' "Patrick Masterson" <[email protected]>:
>Well, the captioners probably didn't feel like actually writing down the
>Klingon words, or even bothering to figure out what was being said.

The first such line is something like "You would call her a <petaQ>."  That
includes plenty of easily-understood and easily-captioned English words.
And even if you don't know any Klingon, the meaning is explicit enough.
That's even ignoring the fact that it's probably one of the top five
Klingon words that a generic Trek fan would recognize.

>(Or are you taking offense because they referred to it as gibberish?)

In any other language that's not being captioned verbatim, it's customary
to say something like "[SPEAKING SPANISH]".  Krankor most emphatically was
not spouting nonsense -- I understood every syllable.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level