tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 11 10:38:13 2000

RE: KLBC: nuq as object

Voragh:
>We do, though, have one beautifully ambiguous example from KGT:
>   ghaH vuv SuS neH
>   "he/she wants the wind to respect him/her" (p.122)

ghunchu'wI':
: This can refer to two different people even in English.  But that's not the
: biggest ambiguity in the Klingon phrase.  The word {neH} is among the worst
: offenders when it comes to lacking clarity.  It can be interpreted as
:    "Only the wind respects him/her."
: That's not a terribly kind thing to say about someone either, of course.

majQa'!  I'd never noticed that before: a double-edged Klingon insult.
bIvalqu'!

This ought to come in very handy as your trump card in mu'qaD veS, when your
audience realizes the double entendre.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons