tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Sep 09 16:35:45 2000

Re: Life Skills You Never Knew You Had

>From: Qov <[email protected]>
>To: [email protected]
>Subject: Life Skills You Never Knew You Had
>Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 19:13:25 -0700
>
>The following blurb appears in the "Life Skills" section of the course
>offerings brochure at my local community centre:
>
>KLINGON CONVERSATION FOR BEGINNERS
>Yes, Klingon!  The Klingon language, as spoken by the bumpy-headed aliens
>on Star Trek, was developed in order to add realism to the Star Trek
>movies, and is a real, usable language.  The course will cover the sounds
>of Klingon, grammatical structures, vocabulary, idioms, common expressions,
>and the fictional culture that determines appropriate discourse in the
>language.  Required text: The Klingon Dictionary by Marc Okrand.
>
>Instructor: Robyn Stewart, known as Qov in the Klingon-speaking community,
>has been involved with the Klingon language since 1988.  She has served as
>"Beginners' Grammarian" of the Klingon Language Institute, and in 'real
>life' is a part time librarian and flight instructor (on airplanes, not
>Klingon Birds of Prey).
>-----
>
>That's right, "Life Skills."  Perhaps as in "Get a Life"?  Now they want me
>to do a press release.  With any luck I'll get some flying students out of
>this, too.

bIqID, qar'a'? bIqID choja'!
(Okay, you're joking, right? Please say you're joking.)
tlhIngan ghojmoH DuSaQna'; qab. 'ach SaHchugh vay', ghojmeH - qabqu' jay'.
(It's bad that a real school is offering this class; it's worse if someone
actually shows up for the class.)
teH; DaH taQqu' tera' jay'.
{It's official; this planet is now really screwed up.}