tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 31 20:03:28 2000

RE: Grammar Highlight Each Day (gheD)

> In a message dated 10/31/2000 9:45:52 AM Central Standard Time,
> [email protected] writes:
>
> << But if you look at in by itself, the description that {lu-} is
> used when the
>  subject is plural and the object is singular is absolutely
> incorrect, and
>  could be misleading and confusing. >>
>
> What is wrong about this description?  Is this not exactly
> the way the verb prefix lu- is used?  Please tell me what you find
different.

What's incorrect is that there are situations when the subject is plural and
the object is singular, when you don't use {lu-}.  You have to realize that
because of the nature of the mailing list, people will not necessarily see
your lessons as a series where each builds on the last, but can see them in
isolation, in which they can be incomplete and confusing.

> peHruS

--Holtej 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol mailing list FAQ

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying documents contain
information belonging to the sender
("Information") that may be confidential and legally privileged.  If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or action taken in reliance on the Information is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received the Information in error,
please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the
original email.
 Thank you.

Back to archive top level