tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 31 07:45:15 2000

RE: Grammar Highlight Each Day (gheD)

This is a good example of why a "lesson of the day" is not a good idea.  I'm
sure that, in sequence, this description of prefixes might make sense.  But
if you look at in by itself, the description that {lu-} is used when the
subject is plural and the object is singular is absolutely incorrect, and
could be misleading and confusing.

Also, if you didn't see yesterday's lesson, you wouldn't know what all those
{-pu'}'s are about.  I'm not saying I think the lessons are bad, or are a
bad idea, I'm just saying that the mailing list might not be the best
presentation mode.

-- Holtej 'utlh

tlhIngan Hol mailing list FAQ:

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying documents contain
information belonging to the sender
("Information") that may be confidential and legally privileged.  If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or action taken in reliance on the Information is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received the Information in error,
please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the
original email.
 Thank you.

Back to archive top level