tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 12 11:44:54 2000

Re: math questions / speculations

jIghItlh quljIb:
> > Let me (a Beginner) take these one by one.
> >
> > A + B -->  B      boq     A  =  "A aligns with B."
> > A x B -->  A-logh boq'egh B  =  "B aligns with itself A times."
> >
> > So far, so good.

ghItlh HomDaq:
> really? if you translate {boq} as "is added to", then
> {boq'egh} would be "is added to itself" and {N-logh
> boq'egh x} would result in (N+1) * x (you add x to itself
> N times, but once it is already there, so to speak)
> the same goes of course for the "ally with" interpretation.

Just noticed that. I think this falls into the "ask Maltz" category. I
dread, though, the possibility that math terms fall under the "special
grammer" heading; much like comparisons and superlatives.

quljIb

Back to archive top level