tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 12 07:25:29 2000

Re: math questions / speculations

david joslyn writes:
> Let me (a Beginner) take these one by one.
>
> A + B -->  B      boq     A  =  "A aligns with B."
> A x B -->  A-logh boq'egh B  =  "B aligns with itself A times."
>
> So far, so good.

really? if you translate {boq} as "is added to", then
{boq'egh} would be "is added to itself" and {N-logh
boq'egh x} would result in (N+1) * x (you add x to itself
N times, but once it is already there, so to speak)
the same goes of course for the "ally with" interpretation.

                                           Marc Ruehlaender
                                           aka HomDoq
                                           [email protected]

Back to archive top level