tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 10 11:10:33 2000

KLBC Emperor

Klingon has 2 different words for "Emperor": {ta'} and {voDleH}. As far as I know {voDleH} has never been used.

I was wondering why two words and which is the meaning difference, till I remembered that {ta'} is also "accomplishment, deed"... and that's great: the Emperor gets deeds, the Emperor accomplishes. And moreover {voDleH} shares the syllable {leH} with {betleH, meqleH, 'aqleH} so the militar origin of the Emperor is emphasized. Of course, just suggestions...

Have any of you studied Latin? The word Emperor comes from "Imperator", and it was at first a title for honored soldiers. Of course, just a comment...

--ghaHbe'wI'

http://www.latinmail.com.  Gratuito, latino y en espaņol.

Back to archive top level