tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 09 10:37:15 2000

RE: math questions / sums

Ed wrote:

: any ideas on sumation, as it is a very useful tool. the symbol sigma has a
: maxium at the top, and a minium starting point at the bottom, followed by

Is this "maximum" and "minimum"?

: an equation.
:   (the sum of an arguement from x to y ).
:
: vaghVaD wa'vo' boq'qa'lI' 'ay', 'ay' ghoHmeH 'op mI' boq wa', cha'maH
: chenbogh

It's been over two decades since I took high school calculus.  Could you give
us an example of a *simple* summation - use "SUM" for the sigma symbol to
ensure that everyone can read it in ASCII - followed by how an English-speaking
mathematician would read the equation out aloud?  Then we could try to figure
out how Maltz would recite it in Klingon.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level