tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 09 05:42:42 2000

RE: KLBC: nuq (what)

Rohn said:

> I want to know if 'nuq' would be used in the following sentence:
>
>       What a good friend we have in Joe.
>
> It is not a question, just a statement.
> Thanks for the Help. Rohn

As you've pointed out, this is a statement, not a question. Since you aren't
asking "What?", you aren't going to use {nuq} in the sentence.
As far as actually translating the sentence into Klingon, first you'll have
to look at the sentence and determine what it means. Unless he's a cannibal,
you don't really have a friend inside of Joe - What you're really saying is
something like "Joe is our good friend" or "Joe is our loyal friend". You
can try figuring it on your own first, and I'll give help if you need it.

- taD

Back to archive top level