tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 08 16:09:45 2000

RE: Sentences for your approval

Thorwald "qa'pIn" Peeters:
> I know, I shouldn't attempt to translate (say more like) anything in
> Klingon until I have a reasonable grasp of the structures...

qatlh Dajatlh?  bIqeqbe'chugh bIghojbe'.

> But still, I'd like some second (and third, and fourth) opinion about
> the following sentences:
>
> [pupwI' lIng qaD]  which I think means "Challenge causes perfection
> (that which is perfect)"

I think that /pupwI' lIng.../ is a roundabout way of saying "causes
perfection" in Klingon.  How about something with /...-mo' bIpupchoH/?

e.g. /reH DaqaDlu'mo' bIpupchoH/ "Because you are always challenged
you become perfect"

> [ngIbpu'lI'Daq SIchlaH jaghlI' 'Iw] which should mean "may the blood of
> your enemy reach your ankles"

Be careful with the noun suffixes: /ngIbDu'lIj.../.  /-Du'/ for body
parts, and /-lIj/ because ankles don't talk.  Also you probably want
to use /-jaj/ rather than /-laH/ for "may..."

--
De'vID

Back to archive top level