tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 15 04:53:45 2000

RE: Klingon WOTD: wob (v)

> In a message dated 11/14/2000 5:13:27 AM Central Standard Time,
> [email protected] writes:
>
> << Klingon word:   wob
>  Part of Speech: verb
>  Definition:     hurl a spear by means of a [chetvi] >>

peHruS:
> I'm sure Holtej meant to type [chetvI'].

Actually, if you look in the back of KGT, it *does* say
[chetvi], using [] to represent italics.

MO seems to have Anglicized a number of terms in the word
list of KGT, but not always consistently.  For example, {quD}
is given as [kud] and [qud] in different places (under (burgh
quD} and {'un quD}).  And {chechtlhutlh} is both [chech'tluth]
and [baceh'tluth].  (I think Maltz might have been drunk that
day.)

--
De'vID