tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 09 20:09:21 2000

Re: Grammar Highlight Each Day

lab De'vID:

[taken in isolation from a longer message]

> The problem lies in the nature of these lessons, which require
> extra care when formatted for a daily mailing list such as this
> one.  A simple fix to the problem might be to add an introduction
> to each message recapping the previous lesson(s), for example:
>
> "Recall that in the previous lesson we learned that the suffix
> {-pu'} is used to make the plural of beings capable of using
> language.  In this lesson, we learn that to make the plural of
> beings not capable of using language, the suffix {-mey} is used..."

I would suggest rather a disclaimer along the lines of "Taken in isolation,
this grammar tip may be misleading or confusing.  Be sure to consult The
Klingon Dictionary and other canon resources for the full story."

Qov

Back to archive top level