tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 09 08:59:37 2000

Re: Klingon WOTD: QoghIj (n-body)

> Klingon word:   QoghIj
> Part of Speech: body part noun
> Definition:     brain
>
> Additional Notes:
> KGT.  The organ.  See also {yab}.

Xardana:
: I looked up {yab}.  I may or may not clearly see the difference.
: Please explain.

Did you look it up in KGT?  I don't have the page reference but it looks like
it's in the section on Klingon food:

  "another word, {yab}, also means 'brain' as an organ, but in addition
   it means 'mind, intellect' and is not used in reference to food"

QoghIj  brain (organ) KGT
 - [no examples in canon]

yab  brain (organ); mind, intellect KGT
 - targhlIj yab tIn law' no'lIj Hoch yabDu' tIn puS.
   Your targ has a bigger brain than all your ancestors put together! PK

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level