tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 07 21:17:03 2000

ghIqtal

I was doing more of my e-mail signatures when this one came up:

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death
your right to say it.
						-- Voltaire

I saw "to the death" and immediately thought of {ghIqtal}:
{vuD Dajatlhbogh vInaDHa', 'ach ?ghIqtal? vuDlIj DajatlhmeH
DIb vIHub.}

Alas, I looked up {ghIqtal} in KGT and saw that it was an
"archaic exclamation", not an adverbial.  I had to resort to
the less colourful {... jIHeghpa'...}.

Do'Ha'.  Almost had a chance to use a rare word!

--
De'vID