tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 13 19:55:56 2000

Re: a rather bizarre riddle

jatlh De'vID:

> There *seems* to be some kind of logic behind it.  All I've been
>  able to figure out is that /Doch/ seems to be "Duke",
>  and /ej/ seems to be "I".  Some kind of code?

mu'mey jatlhtaH neH 'ej DIvI' Hol mu'mey Qoy 'e' nIDtaH ghaH, 'e'
vIQub.  qatlh?  'e' vIloylaHbe'.  chaq "Old English" 'oH 'e' Qub.

In other words:  I think she just read the words aloud and tried to
hear them as English words.  I cannot guess why.  Perhaps she
thought it was Old English.

-Eodrakken

Back to archive top level