tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 13 11:57:09 2000

translation comments

I'm not sure about the list etiquette for this sort of request, so I'll just
ask in general:

DloraH: This is my translation of a recent post of yours.  I think I
understand the gist of it, but I had to take liberties with some of the
English.  The grammar in it sometimes puzzles me,  especially the line
potlh [puq] [nen] [qup] je buv neH.
It merely classifies:  a child, maturity, and an elder are important.

Today is my birthday.
In order that I observe this important event,
I refuse to celebrate birthday(s).
The first reason:  I lack definite friends and
I have friends, but I lack definite friends here.
The second reason:  people create calendars.
What does it represent?
When I'm born - "coordinates": Earth orbits our sun
resembles
When happens - "coordinates": Earth orbits our sun
It merely represents:  the earth orbits the sun X-times.
It merely classifies:  a child, maturity, and an elder are important.
I planned to meet two friends in a bar.
If I observe the birthday I refuse to approach the bar.
I refuse to drink alcohol.
"While he is being drunk a warrior is not ready to fight."
DloraH

I'd appreciate any comments.
lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level